Kailash Manasarovar Tour Via Lhasa - 15 Days
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra via Lhasa covers major cultural sites of Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and pilgrimage site Kailash Manasarovar. The major tour highlights of this tour around Lhasa are Potala Palace, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tibetan traditional Barkhor Squire, Tashilampo Monastery in Shigatse and most sacred Lake Yamdok on the way driving in Gyantse to Shigatse. Our further drive continues various cultural richest Tibetan towns to reach Kailash region.
Our trip starts with a spectacular Mountain View flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and overnight for 3 days in the beautiful city of Lhasa. Guided tour and acclimatization in Lhasa for 3 days will be more helpful for your entire trip to adjust your body in high altitude. After a cultural trip in central Tibet- Lhasa, we further drive to Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash which lies in Ngari region of Tibet. We explore holy Lake Manasarovar and make three days Kailash Parvat Kora/ Parikrama with walking or by a horse. The whole tour of Lhasa Kailash Tour is driving on the well-paved road except three days of Kailash kora.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 m). Overnight at Hotel
Day 02:Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trip preparation. Overnight at Hotel
Day 03:Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel (3656 mtrs)
Day 04:Sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel (3656 mtrs)
Day 05:Drive Lhasa - Shigatse (4500mtrs (280kms), 5-6 hrs). Overnight at Hotel
Day 06:Drive Shigatse - Saga- /4640m, 447Km (8hrs). Overnight at Hotel
Day 07:Drive to Manasarover via Paryang (4590mtrs) 455kms 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House
Day 08:Exploration of Lake Manasarovar and drive to Darchen (4670mtrs) 40kms. Overnight at Guest House
Day 09:Kailash Parikrama. Drive to Valley of the God and trek to Derapuk/4900m, 8kms (4-5 hrs). Overnight at Guest house
Day 10:Trek to Zuthulpuk by crossing Dolma La pass (4760mtrs, 22kms (8-9 hrs)). Overnight at Guest house
Day 11:Finish Kailash Parikrama (8kms- (3-5 hrs)) and drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
Day 12:Drive back to Shigatse (4500mtrs, 447kms). Overnight at Hotel
Day 13:Drive to Lhasa (3656 mtrs, 280kms, 6hrs). Overnight at Hotel
Day 14:Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 15:Final Departure to Home or further program in Nepal
1. All arrival & departure arrangement
2. Twin Sharing accommodation at Star category Hotel in Kathmandu
3. Twin sharing accommodation in Lhasa, Shigatse, Lhatse
4. Veg foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) in entire trip
5. Group Sharing Guest House in Kailash Region from Saga
6. One half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
7. Flight Ticket of Kathmandu - Lhasa - Kathmadnu
8. All Entrance fees
9. Transportation in Kathmandu by private vehicle
10. All transportations by Van / Bus in Tibet/ Kailash
11. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries
12. Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee
13. Special Kailash Parikrama Permit
14. One down Jacket to each pilgrim on returnable basis plus Certificate on successful completion of Holy Yatra which retains nostalgic memories even years after undertaking this once-in-a- lifetime pilgrimage tour.
15. Oxygen cylinder
16. Emergency Rescue Management
17. Yak to Carry your goods during Kailash Parikrama
Cost does not include
1. Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required.
2. Expenses of personal nature
3. personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ parikrama
4. Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. Our representative will greet you and escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight.Day 02 : Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trip preparation. Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast, we start by sightseeing of major heritage sites of Kathmandu valley including Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath Stupa and Jal Narayan. Back to the hotel and stay at the trip briefing. You will get some free time for shopping and packing for your trip. Stay overnight at a Hotel.Day 03 : Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lhasa (3656mtrs). Overnight at Hotel
On your arrival to Lhasa, a cultural city of Tibet, we will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Taking it to slow the rest of today, you can adjust to the altitude easier and quicker. You are recommended to drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep for making an adjustment to the long journey ahead.Day 04 : Sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel
Today we visit Lhasa including Potala Palace (3700 mtrs) which is the oldest palace of Dalai Lama, the first Buddis's temple of the Tibet; jorkhang temple (3650 mtrs), barkhor (3650 mtrs). Stay Overnight at Hotel at Lhasa (3656 mtrs), Tibet.Day 05 : Drive Lhasa - Shigatse (4500 mtrs , 280 kms, 5-6 hrs). Overnight at Hotel
Further, our way lies in the capital of a province of Tsang - Shigatse - residence Panchen Lama - the second ecclesiastic of Tibet. Early in the morning excursion in a monastery of Tashilhunpo (it is based on 1447), visiting a temple of the Buddha of the future - Maytreya and also other temples of a monastery. Night in hotel.Day 06 : Drive Shigatse - Saga- /4450m 250 Km. Overnight at Hotel
The journey today brings you over two high of more than 5000 miter passes with fine views. Driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet, other things like lake, nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep keep you busy. By the late afternoon, you will cross Brahma Purtra Riverway to typical Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga for the night.Day 07 : Drive to Manasarover via Paryang (4590mtrs) 455kms, 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House
The day starts with full of excitement, by the late afternoon you can have the first sight of Hol Kailash Parbat and Manasarovar. Here, a small village nearby Lake Manasarovar, we will spend a night there.Day 08 : Exploration of Lake Manasarovar and drive to Darchen (4670mtrs) 40km. Overnight at Guest House
Manasarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning Bath and Puja we will be heading towards Darchen. It is considered as a base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama.Day 09 : Kailash Parikrama. Drive to Valley of the God and trek to Derapuk/4550 mtrs. Overnight at Guest house
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will keep on appearing. For 15 km trail it takes almost 6 hrs.Day 10 : Trek to Zuthulpuk by crossing Dolma La pass (5630 mtrs). Overnight at Guest house
Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra with Dolma-La (pass) between two valleys
Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget yourself. Once your steps go down, Parvati-stal and Gauri Kunda are on the way. By the late afternoon, you will arrive Zuthulpuk (4700mtrs, 22kms, 10hrs) (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles here).Day 11 : Finish Kailash Parikrama and drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
After walking 3-5 hours, 8kms, all the driving crew will be waiting your arrival. By the late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Saga (4640 mtrs).Day 12 : Drive back to Shigatse. Overnight at Hotel
Easy day onward today. We take easy driving back to Shigatse town which is second biggest town of Tibet. You can make late afternoon walking tour.Day 13 : Drive to Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel
Continue drive to Lhasa city and transfer to Hotel. Prepare your bag for flight back to Kathmandu tomorrow.Day 14 : Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Early in the morning drive to Gonggar Airport from Lhasa. It is 90 km and takes 2 hours. Reach Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. RestDay 15 : Final Departure to Home or further program in Nepal
We drops you to the International airport for your final departure. Or continue for your further trip in Nepal.
1. All ground transportation by private vehicle
2. Kathmandu – Nepalgunj - Simikot – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
3. Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot Helicopter
4. Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
1. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
2. Enough Drinking water included
1. Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
2. Visas & Permit/ Tibet Visa & Permit Included
3. All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
4. Special Kailash Manasarovar Permit
5. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples
1. Sightseeing in Kathmandu
2. Guide, Staffs & supporters
3. Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
4. Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
1. Medical kits
2. Enough oxygen cylinders
3. Gamow Bags & Other necessary equipment
1. Monkey hat / Day pack bag / Duffel bag
Risks & Liability:
Ravel Roads makes every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant as much as possible. However, we merely act as an intermediary between the concerned airlines, hotels, transport operator and local tourist offices providing the services. Ravel Roads therefore cannot bear responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by delay, accident, natural disaster, political action and unrest caused by whatever reason. Program, Prices, services and conditions are based on the terms valid at the time of printing and are therefore subject to change without advance notice in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
All payments are to be made in favor of Ravel Roads. The advance payments include non-refundable processing fees of INR 50,000 / USD 1000 for NRIs. Full balanc payments to be made at least 30 days prior to start of the Tour, failing which your tour booking shall be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited. All bookings are strictly subject to ‘Booking Conditions’ enclosed herewith and shared with you during the course of our correspondence. While filling and submitting signed copy of this document, you confirm your sole acceptance to our business terms. Kindly note that if you do not agree to our policies and terms of services, you should not proceed with your bookings.
Payments for Booking INR 50,000 per person in advance Balance Payment including GST to be transferred to our Bank address 45 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation by the travelers after booking your trip:If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify our Head Office ONLY in writing well in advance(no telephoni cancellation will be entertained). Your advance payments made for Kailash Tour booking include a non – refundable amount of INR 50000 per person (for Indian Nationals) / USD 1000 per person (for foreign nationals) WILL BE FORFEITED. Other cancellations are subject to the following fee and charges:
1. Less than 70 days prior to travel date – 25% of the total tour cost
2. Less than 60 days prior to travel date – 50% of the total tour cost
3. Less than 50 days – No refund will be given.
1. Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
2. Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
1. Be physically and mentally fit.
2. Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, cancer, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
1. A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
2. Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
3. PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
1. Indian passport holders do not require a visa for nepal.
2. The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by us. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
Visa Process for NRI:
Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by us. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration. For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Recommendations for Yatra BOOK NOW
Trip insurance is important documents. Ravel Roads Kailash Travels and tours do not need your insurance policy for permit and visa confirmation. it is only for your secure and immergency. make sure your insurance cover travelling up to 5600 miter altitude and cover Emmergency rescue and Medical bills.
Oxygen level is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favourite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter, heavy warm clothing is a must.
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for this yatra
- As Mount Kailash and lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga and other breathing exercises in order to have a successful yatra at least from a month before.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
Note: Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you big bag and small day carry bag for Yatra
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Note: Down Jackets and Sleeping bags will be provided on returnable basis at Kathmandu for the Yatra
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ENJOYABLE
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
FIRST AID KIT – ALSO INCLUDE
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Ravel Roads Kailash Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Ravel Roads Kailash Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Ravel Roads Kailashg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal