Kailash Manasarovar By Helicopter Via Kathmandu - 12 Days
A satisfying religious tour around the foothill of the holy Mt. Kailash in the Kailash Yatra by helicopter with the team that will enlighten you with peace and tranquillity. You will feel lighter, free of sins and closer to the Lord through this heli tour.
The Kailash Yatra is one of the most popular religious tours within the South Asian Region. The Yatra starts with your arrival in the Kathmandu Valley. On the first and the second last day, you will explore the beauty and tradition of the Kathmandu Valley with the visit to the UNESCO world heritage sites. Then, we will fly to the city of Nepalgunj and the villages of Simikot, Hilsa and then to Taklakot. We will start our drive to Manasarovar then to Darchen, Derapuk and Zuthulpuk. Major attractions of this trek are Mt.Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, Lake Rakshas, Tarboche and Dolma La Pass. The Kailash Yatra 2018 by Helicopter takes 10-15 days for completion based on your timeline. The Kailash Heli Tour needs medium level of fitness. The best time to visit the holy Mount Kailash is between May-August.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu (TIA). Overnight at Hotel (1400mtrs)
Day 02:Half-day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and fly to Nepalgunj. (150m) Overnight at Hotel
Day 03:Fly Nepalgunj - Simikot (3224mtrs). Overnight at Hotel
Day 04:Fly Simikot (3224mtrs - 1hr 15 mins flight) - Hilsa (3640mtrs - 20mins Heli) and reach Taklakot in Tibet (4755m - 21.2 kms 2hrs). Overnight at Guest House
Day 05:Taklakot (4755mtrs) to Manasarovar (4590m (50kms) - 3-4 Hours). Overnight at Guest House
Day 06:Manasarovar exploration and drive to Darchen (4575m - 1 Hour). Overnight at Guest House
Day 07:Start Kailash Kora and reach at Derapuk. (4775mtrs (8 kms) - 5/6 Hours). Overnight at guest house
Day 08:Second day of Kailash Kora. Derapuk to Zuthulpuk (4700mtrs (22kms) - 8/9 Hours)
Day 09:Zuthulpuk (4500mtrs (8kms), 3-5hrs) to Hilsa. Overnight at Guest House
Day 10:Fly Hilsa - Simikot - Nepalgunj and Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
Day 11:One Extra Day in - case of Bad Weather
1. Airport pick up and drop
2. Halfday sightseeing in Kathmandu
3. 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu twin sharing based
4. 1 night hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj
5. 1 night hotel accommodation in Simikot
6. Schedule flight of Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Kathmandu
7. Schedule flight of Nepaljung-Simikot-Nepaljung
8. Chartered helicopter from Simikot-Hilsa-Simikot
9. group sharing guesthouse in Kailash part as per itinerary
10. Buffet Indian veg. meals (breakfast/dinner/packed lunch) during the trip
11. transportation by bus/van
12. Truck to keep goods, your bid bags and foods
13. Kailash permit and visa
14. Entrace fees of Lake Manasarovar and kailash
15. All camping equipment for kitchen
17. Enough oxygen cylinders and pillow
18. Yaks & Yak men for luggage during Kailash Parikrama.
19. All service charges and taxes
Cost does not include
1. Personal Horse and Helper during Kailash Parikrama/ Kailash Round/ Kailash Kora
2. Using extra nights in hotel/ guesthouse (except the hotels mentioned in the itinerary)
3. Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra costs incurred due to split from the main group or serious health condition
5. Expenses of Personal nature
6. Any extra expenses due to flight delay/ cancel with valid reason
7. Any extra cost due to late permit/visa from Tibet part
8. Tipping to staffs
9. Hotel/ Guest house upgrading
Note: More than 3 nights accommodation and other activities in Kathmandu is extra. incase of delay permit from Tibet and peoples have to wait in Kathamandu, incase of early return from Kailash, flight cancellation due to weather or any other reason which is not in our hand. Change your flight date for earlier or late date becasue of those reason, clients have to bear all the expenses self.
On your arrival at Kathmandu Airport, our company representative will welcome you, and transfer to hotel. After check in the hotel, we will brief short about Kailash tour and other necessary information - Overnight at hotel.Day 02 : Half-day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and fly to Nepalgunj. (150m) Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast, forward for sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. Visit Pashupatinath temple, Mata Guheswori temple & Budhanilkantha temple, at Lunch time back to hotel. After lunch, take 1 hour flight for Nepalgunj, reach in Nepalgunj, check in Hotel.Day 03 : Fly Nepalgunj - Simikot (3224m). Overnight at Hotel
Simikot, a hilly area of Nepal with altitude of 3224 m is gateway for Kailash tour by Helicopter. Early Morning, drive to Nepalgunj airport to fly Simikot with schedule flight and it takes only 1hr 15 mins minutes with tiny aero-plane. Staying one overnight here is for body acclimatization in high altitude.Day 04 : Fly Simikot - Hilsa and reach Taklakot in Tibet (4755m). Overnight at Guest
Fly with 5/6 chartered helicopter to Hilsa from Simikot. Cross Nepal - Tibet boarder after completion of the immigration process of Nepal and Tibet. 25 minutes flight only allows 10 kg bags for each person. Drive 21.2km (2hrs 4755mtrs) to Taklakot.Day 05 : Taklakot to Manasarovar (4755m - 3-4 Hours, 50kms). Overnight at Guest House
After breakfast we start drive to reach one of the holy and beautiful lakes “MANASAROVER” - 4550m Elevation. It is 88 km distance from Taklakot to Manasarover, which takes 2 hours at the most. On the way, there is another lake called RAKAS Lake. We stop there for pictures and enjoy the view for few minutes. Then continue drive for Manasarover. When we reach there, check in guest house and take some rest. Meanwhile, lunch will be ready. After lunch, start drive to Manasarovar kora with vehicle.Day 06 : Manasarovar exploration and drive to Darchen (4575m - 1 Hour). Overnight at Guest House
Exploration and ritual puja at bank of Lake Manasarovar. You also can deep at Sarovar. After lunch short drive to Darchen. Preparation for Kailash kora and overnight.Day 07 : Start Kailash Kora and reach at Derapuk. (4670mtrs - 5/6 Hours). Overnight at guest house
After breakfast, we drive to Tarboche (Valley of God), whoever book personal horse and helper waiting there for some formalities of Tibetan government. Start Kailash Kora. It takes 4-5 hours , 8kms (4775mtrs) walking to reach in Derapuk, the north face of holy Kailash.Day 08 : Second day of Kailash Kora. Derapuk to Zuthulpuk (5630mtrs - 22kms, 8/9 Hours)
Today early morning have a breakfast and ready to walk long, hardest up and down. Our staff provides you packed lunch before start the walk. Few hours walking is going up till Dolmala Pass (5613m), this is our main destination of kailash kora. When we reach on the top of pass, take some picture and start to walk down as soon as possible, after few meters walking, there is Gaurikunda situated on the right and 200 meter down from the our trail. Continue walk down around 2 hours, we will meet flat trail and continue walking until Zuthulpuk. Total walking distance 22 km with 8-9 hours.Day 09 : Zuthulpuk to Hilsa. Overnight at Guest House
After early breakfast, walk 3-5 hrs (8kms) to catch our vehicle which takes us to Nepal boarder. Take lunch at Darchen prepared by our staff team, then continue drive to Nepal-Tibet boarder.Make immigration procedure to exit Tibet, after that walk until Hilsa in Nepal side and overnight.Day 10 : Fly Hilsa (3640mtrs) - Simikot (3224mtrs) - Nepalgunj and Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
Early morning after breakfast, fly from Hilsa to Simikot, then continue fly to Nepalgunj. In Nepalgunj our group can split if any member goes from Nepalgunj to Lucknow, and other member fly to Kathmandu. We will have short meeting about the whole Yatra in the evening.Day 11 : One Extra Day in - case of Bad Weather
One Extra Day can be made any place in case of Bad weather.Day 12 : Departure
We will drop you to the International Airport and farewell for your onward Journey.
1. All ground transportation by private vehicle
2. Kathmandu – Nepalgunj - Simikot – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
3. Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot Helicopter
4. Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
1. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
2. Enough Drinking water included
1. Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
2. Visas & Permit/ Tibet Visa & Permit Included
3. All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
4. Special Kailash Manasarovar Permit
5. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples
1. Sightseeing in Kathmandu
2. Guide, Staffs & supporters
3. Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
4. Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
1. Medical kits
2. Enough oxygen cylinders
3. Gamow Bags & Other necessary equipment
1. Monkey hat / Day pack bag / Duffel bag
Risks & Liability:
Ravel Roads makes every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant as much as possible. However, we merely act as an intermediary between the concerned airlines, hotels, transport operator and local tourist offices providing the services. Ravel Roads therefore cannot bear responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by delay, accident, natural disaster, political action and unrest caused by whatever reason. Program, Prices, services and conditions are based on the terms valid at the time of printing and are therefore subject to change without advance notice in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
All payments are to be made in favor of Ravel Roads. The advance payments include non-refundable processing fees of INR 50,000 / USD 1000 for NRIs. Full balanc payments to be made at least 30 days prior to start of the Tour, failing which your tour booking shall be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited. All bookings are strictly subject to ‘Booking Conditions’ enclosed herewith and shared with you during the course of our correspondence. While filling and submitting signed copy of this document, you confirm your sole acceptance to our business terms. Kindly note that if you do not agree to our policies and terms of services, you should not proceed with your bookings.
Payments for Booking INR 50,000 per person in advance Balance Payment including GST to be transferred to our Bank address 45 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation by the travelers after booking your trip:If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify our Head Office ONLY in writing well in advance(no telephoni cancellation will be entertained). Your advance payments made for Kailash Tour booking include a non – refundable amount of INR 50000 per person (for Indian Nationals) / USD 1000 per person (for foreign nationals) WILL BE FORFEITED. Other cancellations are subject to the following fee and charges:
1. Less than 70 days prior to travel date – 25% of the total tour cost
2. Less than 60 days prior to travel date – 50% of the total tour cost
3. Less than 50 days – No refund will be given.
1. Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
2. Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
1. Be physically and mentally fit.
2. Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, cancer, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
1. A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
2. Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
3. PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
1. Indian passport holders do not require a visa for nepal.
2. The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by us. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
Visa Process for NRI:
Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by us. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration. For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Recommendations for Yatra BOOK NOW
Trip insurance is important documents. Ravel Roads Kailash Travels and tours do not need your insurance policy for permit and visa confirmation. it is only for your secure and immergency. make sure your insurance cover travelling up to 5600 miter altitude and cover Emmergency rescue and Medical bills.
Oxygen level is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favourite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter, heavy warm clothing is a must.
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for this yatra
- As Mount Kailash and lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga and other breathing exercises in order to have a successful yatra at least from a month before.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
Note: Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you big bag and small day carry bag for Yatra
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Note: Down Jackets and Sleeping bags will be provided on returnable basis at Kathmandu for the Yatra
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ENJOYABLE
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
FIRST AID KIT – ALSO INCLUDE
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Ravel Roads Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Ravel Roads Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Ravel Roadsg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Ravel Roads Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal