Kailash Manasarovar Tour By Overland - 14 Days
Kailash Overland Tour via Kerung takes you to the holy land of Mt. Kailash through the newly opened Nepal-Tibet border of Rasuwagadhi-Kerung. Our team will embark on a journey to take you to worship and hike around the sacred land of Mt. Kailash.
Kailash overland tour from Kerung boarder started from September 2017 as an alternative route for the Mount Kailash, this tour has made Mt. Kailash easily accessible from the outskirts of Nepal. Kailash Overland Tour starts with a sightseeing tour at the capital city of Nepal. The guided holy mount Kailash tour will take us to the UNESCO listed world heritage sites of the Kathmandu valley. After the guided tour, we will get ourselves inside the Langtang National Park and cross the Nepal-Tibet border to arrive at Kerung. From Kerung, we will drive to the villages of Saga, Manasarovar, and Darchen with great views of the sacred Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurla-Mandala, Rakshash Lake and the Lake Manasarovar. On day 9, we will start our 3 days long Kailash Kora. The major attractions of this tour include the sacred peak of Kailash, holy Lake of Manasarovar and the highest pass of Drolma La.
The Kailash Overland Tour takes 14 days for completion based on our default itinerary. The trip can be tailored to your preference. The best time to visit the holy Mt. Kailash is between May to August.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 m) transfer to hotel and overnight
Day 02:Sight seeing in Kathmandu.Overnight at Hotel
Day 03:Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (By Tourist Bus 122Kms, 9-10 hrs). Overnight at Guest House
Day 04:Drive from Syabrubesi to Kerung. 1,460mtrs (145kms), 6-7 hrs Overnight at Guest house
Day 05:Drive from Kerung to Saga (5-6 hours, 4640m). Overnight at Guest house
Day 06:Acclimatization Day at saga .Overnight at Guest house
Day 07:Drive from Saga to Lake Mansarovar (7-8 hours, 450kms, 4550m). Overnight at Guest house
Day 08:Exploration Day. Drive to Darchen (1 hour, 40km, 4575m). Overnight at Hotel Today
Day 09:Kailash Kora. Drive from Darchen to Yamadwar and trek to Derapuk (5-6 hours (8kms), 4900m). Overnight at Guest house
Day 10:Kailash Kora. Trek to Zuthulpuk via Drolma La Pass (8-9 hours, 22kms 4760m). Overnight at Guest house
Day 11:Kailash Kora - 8kms, 4-5hrs, Drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
Day 12:Drive back to Kerung. Overnight at Guest house
Day 13:Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel
Day 14:Final departure to home
1. All arrival and departure arrangements
2. 03 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu hotel on twin sharing
3. 01 Night accommodation in Syaprubesi, Langtang national park (Local Guesthouse)
4. 09 Nights accommodation in Kailash (Local Guesthouse)
5. Buffet veg foods in entire trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
6. English speaking Tibetan guide for custom formalities
7. Nepali team leader/ Co-ordinator
8. Experience staff team
9. All private transportation by Bus
10. Tibet travel permit and Tibet visa
11. Entrance fees of Lake Manasarovar and Kailash
12. Entrance fees of Langtang National park
13. Duffel bag to keep your goods during Kailash tour
14. Warm jacket and sleeping bag in returnable based if you need
15. Emergency evacuation management
1. Personal expenses, Insurance, Medical expenses and Emergency rescue
2. Personal horse and Helper during Kailash Parikrama
3. More than 3 nights hotels in Kathmandu in case of unforeseen circumstances like the late permit, or early arrive from Kailash
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra ItineraryDay 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 m) transfer to hotel and overnight
Our representative will pick you up at the Tribhuvan International Airport and guide you to your hotel room. In the evening, you will be having a typical Nepali dinner with a brief about the tour. Overnight at the hotel.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Lunch and Dinner.Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
We will visit the famous Hindu Temple of the Kathmandu Valley today. After breakfast, we will first get to Pashupatinath, Gujesori temple and then Jalnarayan with lunch in between. Overnight stay.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.Day 03 : Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (By Tourist Bus 122 kms, 9-10hrs). Overnight at Guest House
Today after breakfast we will drive to Syabrubesi via Trishuli Nuwakot. Overnight at Hotel.
Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 04 : Drive from Syabrubesi to Kerung (3950mtrs, 105 kms). Overnight at Guest house
After breakfast, we will get on a Tourist Bus and start our drive through the black-topped road to get to the newly opened friendship bridge at the Nepal-Tibet border. We will arrive at the 1st village of Tibet, Kerung in about 2 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 05 : Drive from Kerung to Saga (5-6 hours, 4640m). Overnight at Guest house
We will drive through the high hills on a comfortable black-topped road to get to the village of Saga. The path climbs up and down the passes of Thong La and La Lung before getting us comfortably to the village of Saga. Along the way, we will be able to see Lake Peikutso and the typical yak and sheep grazing technique of the Tibetan people. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 06 : Acclimatization Day at saga .Overnight at Guest house
houseAs the tour goes through the highest pass of the world at 5600 meters, we will need a day to get accustomed to the high altitude of the region which is why we will be staying in the same village today. We will spend the entire day with short hikes around the village. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 07 : Drive from Saga to Lake Manasarovar (7-8 hours, 450km, 4550m). Overnight at Guest house
After an early breakfast, we will drive towards the highest fresh Water lake in the world. The holy lake of Manasarovar lies at an altitude of 4558 meters with greenish-blue colour. It is believed that the lake was once a resting place of Lord Bishnu. It is surrounded by Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandala and the Lake Rakshash. Lake Rakshash is thought to be created by the evil King Ravan which is why the locals think that the water here is poisonous. Overnight at Guesthouse
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 08 : Exploration Day. Drive to Darchen (1 hour, 40km, 4575m). Overnight at Hotel Today
Today, we will get into the colours of religion and explore the holy lake of Mansarovar. We will perform some rituals and then, get going to the village of Darchen. Along the way, we will be able to take a peek at the holy Mt. Kailash. Darchen was previously known as Lhara. The village is situated right in front of the sacred Mt. Kailash. Overnight at Hotel. Meal Included: Pure Veg.
Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 09 : Kailash Kora. Drive from Darchen to Yamadwar and trek to Derapuk (5-6 hours 8kms 4900m). Overnight at Guest house
We will drive to the small settlement of Tarboche. Tarboche is the starting point of the Kailash Kora. Yamadwar, the gateway of the god of death, is located in Tarboche. From here, we will walk a few hours to arrive at the village of Derapuk situated infront of the north face of Mt. Kailash. Today, we will be able to see the beautiful views of the Gurla-Mandala, Ape, Kamet and other high peaks. Overnight at Derapuk.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 10 : Kailash Kora. Trek to Zuthulpuk via Drolma La Pass (8-9 hours, 22kms, 4760m). Overnight at Guest house
Today is the longest and hardest trek day of the Kailash Kora. We will walk up the highest pass of Drolma La to arrive at the village of Zuthulpuk. First, we will be heading to the village of Jarok Donkhang. From there, we will hike towards the Shiva-tsal. In Shiva-tsal, people are thought to undergo a symbolic death just to reborn again. They are believed to get reborn once they arrive at the top of the Drolma La Pass. We will rest here for some time and then, descend steeply to get to the banks of the Lham-chu Khir River. We will follow the river and get to the Khando Sangam La facing the eastern side of Mt. Kailash. Sometime after that, we will be in the village of Zuthulpuk. The place got its name from the famous cave of Zuthulpuk or the miracle cave. Along the way, we will be able to view the Buddha’s footprints. Overnight at Zuthulpuk.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 11 : Kailash Kora. Drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
During the morning, we will be exploring the caves and temples around the Milarepa cave. After breakfast, we will hike some 3-5 hours (8kms) to complete our Kora and get back to the village of Darchen. We will have lunch there, and drive back to the village of Saga. Overnight at the teahouse.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 12 : Drive back to Kerung. Overnight at Guest house
We will drive back to the village of Kerung on a comfortable ride. We will have some free time as we descend on a paved path. We will spend the rest of the time relaxing. Overnight at teahouse
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerDay 13 : Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel
Today, we will cross the Nepal-Tibet border and get back to the capital city of Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.Day 14 : Final departure to home
Our representative will take you to the international airport of Nepal for your departure.
Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch.
1. All ground transportation by private vehicle
2. Kathmandu – Nepalgunj - Simikot – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
3. Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot Helicopter
4. Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
1. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
2. Enough Drinking water included
1. Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
2. Visas & Permit/ Tibet Visa & Permit Included
3. All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
4. Special Kailash Manasarovar Permit
5. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples
1. Sightseeing in Kathmandu
2. Guide, Staffs & supporters
3. Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
4. Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
1. Medical kits
2. Enough oxygen cylinders
3. Gamow Bags & Other necessary equipment
1. Monkey hat / Day pack bag / Duffel bag
Risks & Liability:
Ravel Roads makes every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant as much as possible. However, we merely act as an intermediary between the concerned airlines, hotels, transport operator and local tourist offices providing the services. Ravel Roads therefore cannot bear responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by delay, accident, natural disaster, political action and unrest caused by whatever reason. Program, Prices, services and conditions are based on the terms valid at the time of printing and are therefore subject to change without advance notice in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
All payments are to be made in favor of Ravel Roads. The advance payments include non-refundable processing fees of INR 50,000 / USD 1000 for NRIs. Full balanc payments to be made at least 30 days prior to start of the Tour, failing which your tour booking shall be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited. All bookings are strictly subject to ‘Booking Conditions’ enclosed herewith and shared with you during the course of our correspondence. While filling and submitting signed copy of this document, you confirm your sole acceptance to our business terms. Kindly note that if you do not agree to our policies and terms of services, you should not proceed with your bookings.
Payments for Booking INR 50,000 per person in advance Balance Payment including GST to be transferred to our Bank address 45 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation by the travelers after booking your trip:If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify our Head Office ONLY in writing well in advance(no telephoni cancellation will be entertained). Your advance payments made for Kailash Tour booking include a non – refundable amount of INR 50000 per person (for Indian Nationals) / USD 1000 per person (for foreign nationals) WILL BE FORFEITED. Other cancellations are subject to the following fee and charges:
1. Less than 70 days prior to travel date – 25% of the total tour cost
2. Less than 60 days prior to travel date – 50% of the total tour cost
3. Less than 50 days – No refund will be given.
1. Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
2. Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
1. Be physically and mentally fit.
2. Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, cancer, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
1. A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
2. Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
3. PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
1. Indian passport holders do not require a visa for nepal.
2. The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by us. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
Visa Process for NRI:
Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by us. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration. For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Recommendations for Yatra BOOK NOW
Trip insurance is important documents. Ravel Roads Kailash Travels and tours do not need your insurance policy for permit and visa confirmation. it is only for your secure and immergency. make sure your insurance cover travelling up to 5600 miter altitude and cover Emmergency rescue and Medical bills.
Oxygen level is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favourite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter, heavy warm clothing is a must.
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for this yatra
- As Mount Kailash and lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga and other breathing exercises in order to have a successful yatra at least from a month before.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
Note: Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you big bag and small day carry bag for Yatra
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Note: Down Jackets and Sleeping bags will be provided on returnable basis at Kathmandu for the Yatra
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ENJOYABLE
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
FIRST AID KIT – ALSO INCLUDE
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Touch Kailash Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Touch Kailash Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Touch Kailashg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Touch Kailash Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal