Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trek takes you to a magical journey to the frozen lakes of Gokyo. One of the highest settlement of the world, Gokyo stands still at an elevation of 4790 meters at the foothill of the Gokyo RI. The team of the Visit to Tibet will take you to a thrilling journey on the trails of the Everest Region. This trek offers us extraordinary views of Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Changtse, Nuptse, Amadablam and Makalu of the Mahalangur mountain range.
The trek starts with a flight to the Tenzin and Hilary Airport at the village of Lukla. From there, we make our way to the biggest village of the Khumbu Region. In this trek, we will get to the beautiful lake village of Gokyo. We will get a chance to explore the six frozen lakes of the Gokyo Valley. The trek offers us views of the Khumbu Glacier, the highest glacier of the world and also the Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier of the country. Completion of this trek takes up to 13-18 days based on your schedule and requires a moderate to the strenuous level of fitness.
Gokyo Lake Trekking
Package: Kathmandu Package
Places covered: Tadapani to Chhomrong , Chhomrong, Deurali , Pokhara, Dovan, Jhinu
Duration: 13 Nights/ 14 DaysDay 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport. Overnight at Hotel
One of our staff will pick you up at the airport and guide you to your hotel room. There, you can prepare your equipment for the upcoming trek. In the evening, you will be welcomed and briefed about the trek in a soiree hosted by the company. Overnight at hotel.Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu and trip preparation. Overnight at Hotel
We explore the world heritage sites of the valley today. We will be exploring the religious world heritage sites like Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Swoyambhunath. We will also be exploring the Kathmandu Durbar Square which is one of the three royal palaces of the Kathmandu Valley. We will return to the hotel for our final preparation.Day 03 : Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2610m, 4/5 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
An early morning flight of 30 minutes will take us to the Tenzin and Hilary Airport of the Lukla village. Then, we will start with an easy hike and arrive at Cheplung in about an hour. We then, cross a couple of suspension bridges to arrive at the village of Phakding. This trip gives us our first views of the Himalayas. Overnight at tea house.Day 04 : Phakding to Namche Bazar (3440m, 6/7 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
After breakfast, we will start our hike to the Sherpa Village of Namche. We have to cross several bridges and ascent uphill to arrive at Namche. First, we will reach Monjo, the entrance of the Sagarmatha National Park. Then, we will descend to cross a suspension bridge above the Dudh Koshi River to reach the village of Jorsale. From there, we will cross several suspension bridges and hike upwards until we arrive at the heart of the Sherpa village. Overnight at tea house.Day 05 : Acclimatization day. Overnight at Tea House
To prevent ourselves from the changing climatic conditions, taking a day off to acclimatize is a must. Today, we will stroll around the bazaar and visit museums and monasteries located near the village. We can also visit coffee shops and bakeries with a free wifi connection and spend the day exploring shops with varieties of items. Overnight at the teahouse.Day 06 : Namche to Tengboche (3867m, 6/7 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
We start off to the village of Tengboche with less paved and narrower paths. We will cross a couple of long and strong suspension bridges and lush pine forest to arrive at Tengboche. Tengboche has the largest monastery in the Khumbu Region which is why this village is also called the monastery village. Overnight at the teahouse.Day 07 : Dole to Machchhermo (4470m, 4/5 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
After breakfast, we will take off to the village of Machhermo. The hike is steep climb uphill. We start off with getting above the village of Dole and then, making our way through a flat terrain enjoying the view of the sixth highest peak, Cho Oyu, and other high peaks of Taboche and Cholatse. After a couple of hours, we will arrive at the Luza. Machhermo is just above the village of Luza. The hike upto the village will be totally worth it as the views of tall lingering mountains and enormous Ngozumpa Glacier is totally breathtaking. Overnight at tea house.Day 08 : Machchhermo to Gokyo (4790m, 5 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
As every other day, we start our day by climbing up the ridge behind Machhermo. We descend down for a while before we climb up a narrow rocky trail until we arrive at the first of the six lakes of Gokyo. The first lake is quite green and weedy. From there, the trail becomes pretty flat until we reach the second lake which is also green in color but a lot deeper than the first one. The village of Gokyo is filled with colorful lodges and all those lodges offer magical views of the Gokyo Lakes. Overnight at tea house.Day 09 : Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri (5357m). Overnight at Tea House
Early in the morning, we will summit the barren peak of Gokyo RI. The path to the peak is zigzag and mazy. The climb takes about 2 hours as we slowly ascent through the prayer flags strung across some boulders. The view from the top of the mountain is just spectacular as the village of Gokyo seems tiny and the lakes seem bluish as the sun hits them. The panorama of massive peaks surrounding us will make the climb totally worthwhile. Back to the village with steep drop downhill. After a short break, we will visit the remaining Gokyo Lakes and a place called the Scoundrel’s viewpoint. The scene from that point is just remarkable as it takes us close to the longest glacier of Nepal, the Ngozumpa Glacier. Overnight at tea house.Day 10 : Gokyo to Dole (4200m, 5 hrs.) .Overnight at Tea House
We will follow our trails to the village of Machhermo and then to the village of Dole. The descent to Machhermo is quite steep so we have to be careful around the edges. After lunch, we will descent to Dole, which is not as hard as the previous descent. Overnight at Dole.Day 11 : Dole to Namche Bazaar (3440m, 5 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
After breakfast, we will make our way to the Sherpa village of Namche. The walk to Phortse Tenga is easy as we walk through a forest of rhododendron. Before arriving at the Bazaar, we will ascent for a last time to reach the village of Mong. Overnight at tea house.Day 12 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m, 6/7 hrs.). Overnight at Tea House
Today, we drop down to the village of Lukla from where we started our journey. The trails are the same as before as we get through the villages of Phakding, Cheplung and Ghat. Overnight at tea house.Day 13 : Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
Today we will take a morning flight to Kathmandu and take rest of the day off. You can contact us if you need any kind of extra activities. Overnight at hotel.Day 14 : Departure
Our staff will pick you up at the hotel and guide you to the international airport. We bid you farewell.
1. All your arrival and departure arrangement
2. 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing
3. Every morning breakfast in your stay at Kathmandu
4. Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with professional guide, private transportation and entrance fees
5. Flight cost of Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
6. Everest national park permit and TIMS card
7. Three times foods a day during your trekking
8. Three times hot drinks a day during your trekking
9. English speaking trekking guide and supporter in trekking
10. Salary, Foods, Accommodation, Insurance, Equipment of Guide/ supporter
11. Sleeping bag and warm jacket in returnable based if you need
12. Emergency evacuation arrangement
Cost does not include
1. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
2. More than 3 nights’ accommodation, activities in Kathmandu if you come early from your trek
3. Bottled drinks, Bar bills
4. Personal expenses, Personal equipment, Insurance, Medical expenses, Emergency evacuation
5. Any Tipping
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley – places of cultural world heritage site by UNESCO
- Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Back
- Trekking through Sherpa cultural villages
- Accommodation in comfortable lodges owned by local peoples
- Gokyo Lakes located an altitude of 4700 to 5000 miters
- Spectacular view of Mount Everst and hundreds of other mountains surrounding
Our suggested itinerary can be customized as per clients requirement. You also can add Everest Base Camp with this itinerary. Including 3 high passes of Everest Region is also the option to add.
Gokyo Lake Trekking require physically fit. Previous trekking experience of trekking in altitude is helpful.
- Destination: Nepal - 14 Days
- Trip Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu, Full board in Trekking
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Recommended Month: Mar - May / Aug - Nov
- Accommodation: Hotel/Guest House
- Max sleeping altitude : 4790m
- Max crossing altitude: 5357m
- Minimum Pax :1 Or more
Acute Mountain Sickness
Acute mountain sickness commonly occurs above 2,400 meters (8,000 feet). It is caused by reduced sir pressure and lower oxygen levels at high altitude. The faster you climb to a high altitude, the more likely you will get acute mountain sickness.
Cause of AMS
- Quick movement in high altitude
- Travelling to the extreme height
- Passed attacked with acute mountain sickness
Symptoms of General AMS
- Hard to breath
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle ache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling of hand, face and fingers
- Rapid heartbeat
Symptoms of severe AMS
- Chest crowding
- Skin discoloration
- Unable to walk and lack of balance
- Reach at low altitude as soon as possible
- Have plenty of liquate (water, thin soup) garlic soup is more effective for common high altitude sickness
- Reducing your activities level
- Rest and relax
- Rest as acclimatization one day before you moving to altitude
- Reach at hospital facilitate area if it is severe altitude sickness
Note: Visit to Tibet Treks provide you experience guide in your trip. He is well known about high altitude sickness and can well manage in case of this.
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Touch Kailash Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Touch Kailash Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Touch Kailashg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Touch Kailash Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal