Kailash Manasarovar Inner Kora Tour By Helicopter - 14 Days
Kailash Inner Kora (Parikrama) is special kora among pilgrimage of Hindu, Bon, Buddhist and Jain. Most popular and one of the hardest Kailash inner Parikrama need some mountaineering experience and equipment. We provide good and experience staffs in mountaineering. This Parikrama involves around 34 km walking journey including Asthapath, Atmalingam, Saptarishi cave and Kuber Kund. The landscape is entirely made up of rock, crevices, snow and ice. Apart from two small monasteries, no humans live along the inner Kailash region. We will fix basic accommodation, foods and liquid during Kailash inner kora.
Mount Kailash Inner Kora (Parikrama) starts and ends at Darchen. On the first day, we will start our hike from Derapuk visiting Kailash Charan Sparsh in the coming days we will explore the Serlung monastery and closer view of Mount Kailash from here. Touch Atmalingam, Saptarishi cave of inner kora and Saptarishi cave. Inner Kailash kora of Nandi Parvat by crossing high pass in between Mount Kailash and Nandi hill called Nandi la and Khandosalgam La, after that we will get back to Darchen by evening. You have the option to take a personal helper to make you Kailash inner kora easier and successful. Completing your inner kora at Kailash and you can set up again from Derapuk, Kuber Kunda, Mount Kailash Charan Sparsh and reach Zuthulpuk.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m) Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel and Overnight (D)
Day 02:Half day Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and fly to Nepalgunj. (150m) Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Day 03:Fly Nepalgunj - Simikot (2910m) and Heli flight from Simikot - Hilsa and reach Taklakot in Tibet (4025m) Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Day 04:Rest day at Taklakot. (B, L, D)
Day 05:Taklakot to Manasarovar (4550m - 2 Hours) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Day 06:Manasarovar exploration and drive to Darchen (4575m - 1 Hour) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Day 07:Drive Darchen – Tarboche (13 km drive) and trek to Dirapuk (8 km trek / 5 – 6 hrs) 4775 m. Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Day 08:Derapuk - Charan Sparsa (5332mtrs, 8-9hrs) - Derapuk. (8/9 Hours) Overnight at Guest House in Derapuk (B, L, D)
Day 09:Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk (4700 m) (22 kms trek / 9-10 hrs) (passing through Dolma-la pass 5,600 m). Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Day 10:Trek back from Zuthulpuk (8kms)– Darchen (4500mtrs, 8kms, 3-5 hrs) (Darchen)Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Day 11:Start Kailash inner kora. Asthapath, Saptarishi Cave, Atmalingam. Overnight at Monastery or in Tent in Asthapath. (B, L, D)
Day 12:Explore Morning View of Kailash and Trek back to Darche continue drive to Taklakot. Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Day 13:Taklakot to Hilsa Fly Hilsa - Simikot - Nepaljung and Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Day 14:Final departure. Drop you to International airport Tour Ends
1. Arrival and Departure arrangements
2. 2 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu in 3/4 star standard hotel on twin sharing room with meals.
3. 1 Night accommodation in Nepalgunj at 3 Star category Hotel
4. Half day guided tour in Kathmandu valley as per mentioned in itinerary
5. 10 night’s accommodations in Tibet on group sharing basis using guest house / Hotel.
6. Freshly cooked vegetarian meals 3 times a day.
7. Supporting Nepali crew including our own cooks.
8. Permits for Manasarovar and Kailash Kora (round).
9. Tibet Tourism Board (TTB) approved Tibetan guide.
10. Private transportation in Van/Bus in entire trip
11. Kailash Permit, Tibet (Chinese) visa fee
12. Camping equipment for kitchen, Shower
13. Sleeping bag / Down Jacket if needed on Returnable basis.
14. Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments) & day carry hand bag
15. Experienced tour leader / co-coordinator with each group
16. ENOUGH Oxygen cylinder entire of tour
17. Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc while making Kailash outer kora
18. Leading guide and other team members during Kailash Inner Kora
19. Emergency evacuation management
Cost does not include :
1. Personal Horse/ Pony Charges for Kailash outer and Inner Kora
2. Personal expenses like shopping, phone calls, extra drinks, laundry, yak etc.
3. Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities, flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, accidents etc.
4. Tips to drivers, hotel staff.
5. Extra cost of transportation, Porterage etc involved due landslides, snowfall.
6. Trip cancellation charge due to Tibet government rules and other which are not in our Hand.
7. Air ticket from your Home – Kathmandu – Home
8. Services other than specified
9. Extra days stay at Kathmandu than 3 nights/ any other place due to any reason
Usefull Info :
Do not bring any books, magazine, pictures about Tibet, Buddhism or about any Lama’s. Custom of China won’t allow entering with those kinds materials.
Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, liquids like Ghee, Oils are not allow entering from Chinese custom at Kodari.
Do not take any pictures and videos in Chinese customs, Army and police station
Make quei in every customs and in checking post as per your visa list number (your guide will give you instruction from first day)
Take cooperative position from every Nepali and Tibetan staffs and in Immigration sites
Do not forse going forward yourself, if you feel hard, stop and take help from our team. Listen our guide and take decision
Kailash Helicopter with Inner Kora ItineraryDay 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 mtrs) Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel and Overnight (D)
Our representative will greet you and escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight. Dinner at HotelDay 02 : Half day Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and fly to Nepalgunj. (150m) Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we drive you for a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. Visits Pashupatinath temple, Mata Guheswori temple & Budhanilkantha temple which is also known as Jalnarayan, in Lunchtime back to the hotel. After lunch, take 1-hour flight to Nepalgunj, reach in Nepalgunj, Overnight at HotelDay 03 : Fly to Nepalgunj
Simikot (3224 mtrs) and Heli flight from Simikot - Hilsa and reach Taklakot in Tibet (4025m) Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Simikot is hilly area of Nepal situated in 3224 mtrs, gate way for Kailash tour by Helicopter. Early Morning, drive to Nepalgunj airport to fly Simikot with schedule flight which takes 1 h 15 minutes to reach Simikot. We continue our journey towards Hilsa (3640 mtrs) with chartered Helicopter. We move forward to reach Taklakot (4025 mtrs) small city of Tibet. Overnight at Hotel.Day 04 : Rest day at Taklakot. (B, L, D)
Today is free for acclimatization. We will have some physical exercises in the morning and do some short trek which helps to fit us for Kailash Parikrama and also helps us to acclimatize fast. Overnight at HotelDay 05 : Taklakot to Manasarovar (4550m - 2 Hours) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
After breakfast we start drive to reach one of the holy and beautiful lake “MANSAROVAR” which lies on 4550m Elevation. It is 88 km distance from Taklakot to Manasarover, and will take maximum 2 hours to reach holy lake Manasarovar. We will absorve another popular lake called RAKSHAES Lake, stop there for picture and enjoy the view few minute and continue towards our journey to Lake Manasarover. We check in Guest House at Manasarovar and take lunch. After Lunch we will do Parikrama of Lake Manasarovar by vehicle. Overnight at Guest House.Day 06 : Manasarovar exploration and drive to Darchen (4575m - 1 Hour) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
AHoly Manasarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning bath and pooja we will be heading for Holy Manasarovar Parikrama by land cruiser with packed lunch and continue drive towards Darchen (Darchen). If time permits, we visit Chui Gompa. Darchen is considered as a base camp for Holy Kailash Parikrama. During the auspicious pilgrimage time, this place will be flooded with pilgrims with hundreds of tents all around. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. O/N Hotel Kailash.Day 07 : Drive Darchen
– Tarboche (13 km drive) and trek to Derapuk (8 km trek / 5 – 6 hrs) 4909 m. Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
After breakfast drive to Tarboche – starting point of Kailash Parikrama. Tarboche is also known as outer “Asthapath”. It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will be kept on appearing. For 8 km trail it takes almost 8 hrs. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch &Dinner. Overnight at Government Hotel.Day 08 : Derapuk - Charan Sparsh(5332 mtrs) - Derapuk. (8/9 Hours) Overnight at Guest House in Derapuk (B, L, D)
Start hiking to Charan Sparsh from North face of Kailash with your guide. You will be at very closed view of Mount Kailash. It is walking whole day over glassier and reach closed view of Mount Kailash. It is part of Kailash Inner Kora. Back to Derapuk for Overnight.Day 09 : Derapuk
Zuthulpuk (4760 m) (22 kms trek / 9-10 hrs) (passing through Dolma-la pass 5,600 m). Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Today you will be climbing to Drolma-la (Dolma-La) and then descending gradually to Zuthulpuk (4760m). Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Today is the most difficult day of the trek. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget in eternity. Once your steps go down, Parvati-stal and Gauri Kunda are on the way. By late afternoon you will arrive in Zuthulpuk (the cave of Miracles, the great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have preformed miracles here). Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
OPTION: Inner Kora Trek –Derapuk – Kuber Kund – Zuthulpuk. Both groups to merge at Zuthulpuk and stay overnight at Zuthulpuk.Day 10 : Trek back from Zuthulpuk(4700 mtrs) – Darchen (4500 mtrs) (8 km / 3-5 hrs) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)
Morning free time to explore the caves, temples and shrine around Milarepa cave in Zuthulpuk. After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting for your arrival. By late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Darchen and rest. Preparation of Kailash Inner Kora from tomorrow. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.Day 11 : Start Kailash inner kora. Asthapath, Saptarishi Cave, Atmalingam. Overnight at Monastery or in Tent in Asthapath. (B, L, D)
Hike to Asthapath, explore Serlung Gumba, Saptarishi cave, Atmalingam and mount Kailash view. You have option to take personal helper from Darchen. Walk back to Asthapath Serlung Gumpa and drive back to Darchen. Today we will get very simple foods.Day 12 : Explore Morning View of Kailash and Trek back to Darchen continue drive to Taklakot. Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Early morning you can explore morning view of Holy Mount Kailash Parbat, You can take Darshan and some snaps over there. We trek back to Darchen and continue drive to Taklakot. Overnight at Hotel.Day 13 : Taklakot to Hilsa Fly Hilsa - Simikot - Nepalgunj and Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel (B, L, D)
Early morning after breakfast fly from Hilsa to Simikot, then continue fly to Nepalgunj. In Nepalgunj, our group can split if any member goes from Nepalgunj to Lucknow, and other members fly to Kathmandu. The evening we will have a short meeting about the whole yatra. Overnight at hotelDay 14 : Final departure. Drop you to International airport Tour Ends
We drop to International airport for your final departure to home or will do further trips in Nepal.
More than 2 night’s accommodation and other activities in Kathmandu is extra. in case of delay permit from Tibet and peoples have to wait in Kathmandu, in case of early return from Kailash or any other reason which is not in our hand. Change your flight date for earlier or late date because of those reason, clients have to bear all the expenses self.
1. All ground transportation by private vehicle
2. Kathmandu – Nepalgunj - Simikot – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
3. Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot Helicopter
4. Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
1. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
2. Enough Drinking water included
1. Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
2. Visas & Permit/ Tibet Visa & Permit Included
3. All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
4. Special Kailash Manasarovar Permit
5. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples
1. Sightseeing in Kathmandu
2. Guide, Staffs & supporters
3. Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
4. Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
1. Medical kits
2. Enough oxygen cylinders
3. Gamow Bags & Other necessary equipment
1. Monkey hat / Day pack bag / Duffel bag
All payments are to be made in favor of Ravel Roads. The advance payments include non-refundable processing fees of INR 50,000 / USD 1000 for NRIs. Full balanc payments to be made at least 30 days prior to start of the Tour, failing which your tour booking shall be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited. All bookings are strictly subject to ‘Booking Conditions’ enclosed herewith and shared with you during the course of our correspondence. While filling and submitting signed copy of this document, you confirm your sole acceptance to our business terms. Kindly note that if you do not agree to our policies and terms of services, you should not proceed with your bookings.
Payments for Booking INR 50,000 per person in advance Balance Payment including GST to be transferred to our Bank address 45 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation by the travelers after booking your trip:If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify our Head Office ONLY in writing well in advance(no telephoni cancellation will be entertained). Your advance payments made for Kailash Tour booking include a non – refundable amount of INR 50000 per person (for Indian Nationals) / USD 1000 per person (for foreign nationals) WILL BE FORFEITED. Other cancellations are subject to the following fee and charges:
1. Less than 70 days prior to travel date – 25% of the total tour cost
2. Less than 60 days prior to travel date – 50% of the total tour cost
3. Less than 50 days – No refund will be given.
1. Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
2. Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
1. Be physically and mentally fit.
2. Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, cancer, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
1. A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
2. Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
3. PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
1. Indian passport holders do not require a visa for nepal.
2. The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by us. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
Visa Process for NRI:
Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by us. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration. For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Trip Note: More than 2 nights accommodation and other activities in Kathmandu is extra. incase of delay permit from Tibet and peoples have to wait in Kathamandu, incase of early return from Kailash or any other reason which is not in our hand. Change your flight date for earlier or late date becasue of those reason, clients have to bear all the expenses self.
Recommendations for Yatra BOOK NOW
Trip insurance is important documents. Ravel Roads Kailash Travels and tours do not need your insurance policy for permit and visa confirmation. it is only for your secure and immergency. make sure your insurance cover travelling up to 5600 miter altitude and cover Emmergency rescue and Medical bills.
Oxygen level is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favourite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter, heavy warm clothing is a must.
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for this yatra
- As Mount Kailash and lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga and other breathing exercises in order to have a successful yatra at least from a month before.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
Note: Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you big bag and small day carry bag for Yatra
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Note: Down Jackets and Sleeping bags will be provided on returnable basis at Kathmandu for the Yatra
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ENJOYABLE
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
FIRST AID KIT – ALSO INCLUDE
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Ravel Roads Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Ravel Roads Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Ravel Roadsg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Ravel Roads Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal