Kailash Manasarovar Inner Kora With Everest Base Camp - 17 Days
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra via Lhasa covers major cultural sites of Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and pilgrimage site Kailash Manasarovar. The major tour highlights of this tour around Lhasa are Potala Palace, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tibetan traditional Barkhor Squire, Tashilampo Monastery in Shigatse and most sacred Lake Yamdok on the way driving in Gyantse to Shigatse. Our further drive continues various cultural richest Tibetan towns to reach Kailash region.
Our trip starts with a spectacular Mountain View flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and overnight for 3 days in the beautiful city of Lhasa. Guided tour and acclimatization in Lhasa for 3 days will be more helpful for your entire trip to adjust your body in high altitude. After a cultural trip in central Tibet- Lhasa, we further drive to Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash which lies in Ngari region of Tibet. We explore holy Lake Manasarovar and make three days Kailash Parvat Kora/ Parikrama with walking or by a horse. The whole tour of Lhasa Kailash Tour is driving on the well-paved road except three days of Kailash kora.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival
Day 02:Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03:Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa
Day 04:Lhasa Sightseeing
Day 05:Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse
Day 06:Drive to Everest base camp (Explore)
Day 07:Drive Old Tingri – Saga
Day 08:Saga - Paryang – Manasarovar
Day 09:Exploration of Lake Manasarovar drive to Darchen
Day 10:Darchen to Derapuk ( Kailash Parikrama)
Day 11:Morning take breakfast and start walking towards Charan Sparsh
Day 12:Derapuk to Zuthulpuk (Kailash Parikrama)
Day 13:Zuthulpuk to Darchen ( Kailash Parikrama) and Drive to Saga
Day 14:Saga to Shigatse
Day 15:Shigatse to Lhasa
Day 16:Lhasa – Kathmandu
Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. Our representative will greet you and escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight.Day 02 : Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trip preparation. Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast, we start by sightseeing of major heritage sites of Kathmandu valley including Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath Stupa and Jal Narayan. Back to the hotel and stay at the trip briefing. You will get some free time for shopping and packing for your trip. Stay overnight at a Hotel.Day 03 : Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel
On your arrival to Lhasa, a cultural city of Tibet, we will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Taking it to slow the rest of today, you can adjust to the altitude easier and quicker. You are recommended to drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep for making an adjustment to the long journey ahead.Day 04 : Sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel
Today we visit Lhasa including Potala Palace which is the oldest palace of Dalai Lama, the first Buddist & temple of the Tibet; Norbulingka Palace and Drepung Monastery. Stay Overnight at Hotel at Lhasa, Tibet.Day 05 : Drive Lhasa - Shigatse (3900). Overnight at Hotel
Further, our way lies in the capital of a province of Tsang - Shigatse - residence Panchen Lama - the second ecclesiastic of Tibet. Early in the morning excursion in a monastery of Tashilhunpo (it is based on 1447), visiting a temple of the Buddha of the future - Maytreya and also other temples of a monastery. Night in hotel.Day 06 : Drive Shigatse - Saga- /4450m 250 Km. Overnight at Hotel
The journey today brings you over two high of more than 5000 mitre passes with fine views. Driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet, other things like lake, nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep keep you busy. By the late afternoon, you will cross Bhramha Purtra Riverway to typical Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga for the night.Day 07 : Drive to Manasarover via Paryang (4558m) 277km 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House
The day starts with full of excitement, by the late afternoon you can have the first sight of Holy Kailash Parbat and Manasarovar. Here, a small village nearby Lake Manasarovar, we will spend a night there.Day 08 : Exploration of Lake Manasarovar and drive to Darchen (14975ft) 40km. Overnight at Guest House
Manasarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning Bath and Puja we will be heading towards Darchen. It is considered as a base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama.Day 09 : Kailash Parikrama. Drive to Valley of the God and trek to Derapuk/4909m. Overnight at Guest house
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will keep on appearing. For 15 km trail it takes almost 6 hrs.Day 10 : Derapuk - Charan Sparsh - Derapuk. (8/9 Hours) Overnight at Guest House in Derapuk (B, L, D)
Start hiking to Charan Sparsh from North face of Kailash with your guide. You will be at very closed view of Mount Kailash. It is walking whole day over glassier and reach closed view of Mount Kailash. It is part of Kailash Inner Kora. Back to Derapuk for Overnight.Day 11 : Trek to Zuthulpuk by crossing Dolma La pass (5613m). Overnight at Guest house
Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra with Dolma-La (pass) of 18600ft between two valleys. Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget yourself. Once your steps go down, Parvati-stal and Gauri Kaunda are on the way. By the late afternoon, you will arrive Zuthulpuk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milarepa is supposed to have performed miracles here).
OPTION: Inner Kora Trek –Derapuk – Kuber Kund – Zuthulpuk. Both groups to merge at Zuthulpuk and stay overnight at ZuthulpukDay 12
Trek back from Zuthulpuk – Darchen (Darchen) (10 km / 4-5 hrs) Overnight at Guest House (B, L, D)Morning free time to explore the caves, temples and shrine around Milarepa cave in Zuthulpuk. After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting for your arrival. By late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Darchen and rest. Preparation of Kailash Inner Kora from tomorrow. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & DinnerDay 13
Start Kailash inner kora. Asthapath, Saptarishi Cave, Atmalingam. Overnight at Monastery or in Tent in Asthapath. (B, L, D)Hike to Asthapath, explore Serlung Gumba, Saptarishi cave, Atmalingam and mount Kailash view. You have option to take personal helper from Darchen. Walk back to Asthapath Serlung Gumpa and drive back to Darchen. Today we will get very simple foods.Day 14 : Finish Kailash Parikrama and drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
Today, we end Kailash Kora and drive back to Saga.Day 15 : Drive back to Shigatse. Overnight at Hotel
Easy day onward today. We take easy driving back to Shigatse town which is second biggest town of Tibet. You can make late afternoon walking tour.Day 16 : Drive to Lhasa. Overnight at Hotel
Continue drive to Lhasa city and transfer to Hotel. Prepare your bag for flight back to Kathmandu tomorrow.Day 17 : Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Early in the morning drive to Gonggar Airport from Lhasa. It is 90 km and takes 2 hours. Reach Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. RestDay 18 : Final Departure to Home or further program in Nepal
We drop you to the International airport for your final departure. Or continue for your further trip in Nepal.
1. All arrival & departure arrangement
2. Twin Sharing accommodation at Star category Hotel in Kathmandu
3. Twin sharing accommodation in Lhasa, Shigatse, Lhatse
4. Veg foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) in entire trip
5. Group Sharing Guest House in Kailash Region from Saga
6. One half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
7. Flight Ticket of Kathmandu - Lhasa - Kathmandu
8. All Entrance fees
9. Transportation in Kathmandu by private vehicle
10. All transportations by Van / Bus in Tibet/ Kailash
11. Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries
12. Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee
13. Special Kailash Parikrama Permit
14. One down Jacket to each pilgrim on returnable basis plus Certificate on successful completion of Holy Yatra which retains nostalgic memories even years after undertaking this once-in-a- lifetime pilgrimage tour.
15. Oxygen cylinder
18. Emergency Rescue Management
19. Yak to Carry your goods during Kailash Parikrama
Cost does not include
1. Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required.
2. Expenses of personal nature
3. personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ parikrama
4. Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
1. Do not bring any books, magazine, pictures about Tibet, Buddhism or about any Lama’s. Custom of China won’t allow entering with those kinds materials.
2. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, liquids like Ghee, Oils are not allow entering from Chinese custom at Kodari.
3. Do not take any pictures and videos in Chinese customs, Army and police station
4. Make quei in every customs and in checking post as per your visa list number (your guide will give you instruction from first day)
5. Take cooperative position from every Nepali and Tibetan staffs and in Immigration sites
6. Do not forse going forward yourself, if you feel hard, stop and take help from our team. Listen our guide and take decision
Do not bring any books, magazine, pictures about Tibet, Buddhism or about any Lama’s. Custom of China won’t allow entering with those kinds matteriels.
Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, liquids like Ghee, Oils are not allow entering from Chinese custom at Kodari.
Do not take any pictures and videos in Chinese customs, Army and police station
Make quei in every customs and in checking post as per your visa list number (your guide will give you instruction from first day)
Take cooperative position from every Nepali and Tibetan staffs and in Immigration sites
We need three working days for Visa processing in Kathmandu for all foreigners other than Indians. So all the foreigners must stay 3 days in Kathmandu
Recommendations for Yatra BOOK NOW
Trip insurance is important documents. Ravel Roads Kailash Travels and tours do not need your insurance policy for permit and visa confirmation. it is only for your secure and immergency. make sure your insurance cover travelling up to 5600 miter altitude and cover Emmergency rescue and Medical bills.
Oxygen level is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited.
- Reduce talking.
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 15 minutes and rest for 5 minutes.
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favourite music, bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Keep your boots/Ked inside tent. Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter, heavy warm clothing is a must.
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for this yatra
- As Mount Kailash and lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga and other breathing exercises in order to have a successful yatra at least from a month before.
You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
Note: Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you big bag and small day carry bag for Yatra
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Note: Down Jackets and Sleeping bags will be provided on returnable basis at Kathmandu for the Yatra
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ENJOYABLE
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
FIRST AID KIT – ALSO INCLUDE
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats
Accommodation in Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour:- Accommodation of Kathmandu is on 3/4 star category hotel on twin sharing and accommodation in Kailash region is on group sharing local Guesthouses/ Mud houses. Please do not expect more facilitated accommodation in Kailash. Toilets are out of the room and it is common. More place like Manasarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk is an open toilet. Nowadays people can choose deluxe guest houses in some of the route in Kailash Mansarovar. Deluxe guest houses have built-in Nyalam, Saga and In Darchen.
Accommodation of Central Tibet, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse and in Lhasa is your choice to choose either Basic, Standard or Deluxe hotels. In Lhasa deluxe hotels or 5-star category are available.
Accommodation in Everest base Camp Route and the Guge Kingdom are all basic guest houses and Hotels.
We have mentioned all the extra expenses of your trip on every trip details. Please be sure with it before your trip confirmation with us.
* Personal Helper and Horse * Emergency rescue in case of need *
1. Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
2. Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
3. Upon the confirmation, 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
4. In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
5. Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
6. All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
7. The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in the itinerary by the Chinese authorities, etc.
1. Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
2. 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost in case cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure
3. No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
4. No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
5. Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis
6. Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
7. If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem creat from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Down Sleeping Bag
Group joining trip to Mt. Kailash do not need any sleeping bag. All your accommodation in guest house will provide warm blankets. Other than Kailash Manasarovar tour, you night need warm/down sleeping bag. Ravel Roads Kailash Travel can provide you down sleeping bag without paying and it is returnable after the trip.
Ravel Roads Kailash Travel can provide warm jacket without paying for your trip which is returnable after the trip.
Doffel bag and hand carry bag
Ravel Roads Kailashg Travels and Tours provide you duffel bag to put your goods and hand carry bag too. You can leave your suitcase or any of your bag in kathmandu hotel carried from your home.
Warm head cover Cap
Ravel Roads Kailash Travel provide you warm and head cover cap for your trip
Comfirtable warm walking shoes, Extra one pair
Water bottle at least for 2 liter including Thormas for keeping water hot You have to drink at least 3 litter water for a day and your team will provide you drinking water at every meal time. Hot water will be provided morning and evening only. so you have to have your thormas to keep hot water during day time.
Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
Woollen/thermal long underwear
3 pairs of thick and tights warm socks
warm light gloves
Wind and water prooft trouser and Jacket
Up and down warm thormal